

So it sucks that Sean's gone. I miss him a lot. And right now I'm really emotional on top of it all. Yesterday church was really good, I felt like it was exactly what I needed to hear. It was all about God's sovereignty. Sometimes we don't understand what is going on in our lives or why but He is ALWAYS in control. If we just stop for a second and pause and listen or feel for Him, we WILL know he's there.
I've had a lot of crappy things happen in my life. At the time they always seem like the worst thing in the world but if I hadn't gone through them than I think I would be ill-equipped to deal with deployment. I just reread that sentence and it makes it seem like EVERYTHING in my life has been terrible and that is certainly not the case. It's just for only being 22, I've suffered a lot of loss but I think its made me stronger and I think, even more so, it was all designed by God. His will is being carried out in my life and though I don't know what's in store, I know that God will never give me anything to deal with that I can't handle...with His help.
Ephesians 1 says:
3 All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ. 4 Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. 5 God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure. 6 So we praise God for the glorious grace he has poured out on us who belong to his dear Son.[b] 7 He is so rich in kindness and grace that he purchased our freedom with the blood of his Son and forgave our sins. 8 He has showered his kindness on us, along with all wisdom and understanding.
Faith Deployed starts on Friday, I'm hoping that will be nice and encouraging.
A friend was telling me yesterday that someone sent her a message on facebook telling her that she had read her facebook status about her husband's deployment and that she needed to "get something off her chest." Her friend told her that she knew what she was getting herself into when she married a man in the Army. Does that meant that we are not allowed to gripe about them being gone? Facebook, like blogging for me on here, is an outlet for our frustration. If you don't like it, then DONT READ OUR FACEBOOK STATUS!! ITS THAT SIMPLE!!
On another note, I think I am just going to work at the Post Exchange. They have military spouse preference and it would be money I could save, so yeah. :) AND on the upside, looking forward to getting dressed up for a night out with the girls and scrapbooking this week :) staying strong!
I Love you tons... I know how you are feeling with being emotional lately.. I just found out some terrible news about my Gram. :( Call me when you can.
ReplyDeletecolleen, you are one of the strongest women i know. miss you friend. i love you very much and am praying for you and sean
ReplyDeleteI can't believe someone would tell your friend to get over her husband being deployed. People have no idea what we go through...Sounds like some defriending is in order there!
ReplyDelete