Monday, July 26, 2010

hoping.......

Hebrews 3:6
But Christ is faithful as a son over God's house. And we are his house, if we hold on to our courage and the hope of which we boast.

ok so right now, there's a lot of hoping going on. Some of it is serious hoping, like my husband's safety and some of it is not as serious but still on my mind, like the fact that the post office has lost his package that was supposed to be delivered LAST WEEK.

On a new note, I just completed (for i think the third time?) the borders application online so I also have hope that I will get called in for an interview, but I realized that in the section at the end where there are rapid response questions, that I answered many of them differently than I have in the past. Now I'm more job/family oriented rather than fun/partying oriented. Even though if you asked me when i filled them out before if i was "party oriented" I would have said no, my life is different now. Now I WANT a full time job that I can be serious about. And my dream is to work with books, I just need an "in" so that maybe it will be easier to get hired. And I do pray that wherever I end up working that I can put this into practice:

1 Peter 3:15
But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.

Romans 5:1-5
Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

I hope that everyone has a fantastic Monday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment