Monday, July 19, 2010

Philippians 4:19-20.



So last night I was really struggling with my future. I have no idea what God has in store for me and for the first time in my life that scared me rather than excited me. My best friend is leaving. That is the worst thing. He's not just my husband, he's my roommate, my companion, my confidant and he has to go. It saddens me so much and not because I fear for his safety because i realize that God is in control but I am sad that he won't be here to hold me when I cry and when I need a hug. He knows me so well and no one else can look at me and tell me to stop being such a brat the way he can--with love. I think that I have lost sight of just how far a little encouragement can really go. Today I got a simple text from a dear friend that reminded me.


"And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus."

This is such a simple verse and yet it really packs a lot of power. I need to keep in mind that God will give me everything I need, even when I feel as if I have nothing to offer. Today I am making it a priority to pray for all of my girlfriends so that hopefully they will feel encouraged. I know how much a simple text meant to me today, how much I needed it, how much I will need it throughout this next year.

music: casting crowns x praise you in this storm, lifehouse x everything

1 comment: